Wednesday, January 26, 2011

P90X Shoulder & Arms

P90X - Shoulders and Arms
This workout is all about the arms! Get the dumb bells and Resistance bands out because it's time to BRING IT! In this workout it's Shoulders, Biceps and Triceps. It's a repetition workout so you will need to remember to not totally burn out the first set of reps. Remember when doing these; for building muscle in size, you will want to max out in 8 to 10 reps. Start feeling the burn in 6 to 8. For lean muscles, aim for 12-15. Here is one of my shirts I made for a fit club. Fighting obesity and stopping Type 2 diabetes with some P90X and Shakeology.
This has always been a struggle for me as I have always had smaller arms. As a kid I was more focused in playing soccer and weights were never anything I cared about. And I guess it wasn't just as a kid considering I played for 24 years until I had a severe ankle injury. And being a diabetic and the issue of diabetics having problems with their feet I stopped playing. Timing really stunk too, I was about to be on a semi-pro indoor team. That was the end of my fitness journey until last April when I got P90X. Let's see...that was 10 years of no sports or really anything active. So back to the point, I never had a whole lot of strength in my arms. Well guess what kids? Still not, but it is getting better. I can tell a major difference with the amounts of weight I am using now compared to last April - May - June. Next time for this workout I will be increasing some of the weights again! YES!

The exercises consists of Alternating Shoulder Press, In & Out Bicep Curl & 2 Arm Triceps kickback then do it again. Rest. Deep Swimmer's Press, Full Supination Concentration Curls (you should hear Tony say that one. LOL) Chair Dips. I'm Getting better with the dips, but my right shoulder is still giving me a little problem. The next set is Upright Row, Static Arm Curls, Flip Grip Twist Triceps Kickback. repeat. Seated 2-Angle Shoulder Fly, Crouching Cohen Curl & Lying Down Triceps Extension. repeat. BONUS ROUND! In & Out Straight Arm Shoulder Fly, Congdon Curl & Side Tri Rise. If you do this workout right, your arms will feel like Jello. Recovery Formula!!

This is a fun workout. I am really starting to like it alot. Actually I am Really loving this round of P90X especially eating better than the First time around. I am seeing major differences in the workouts. Maybe next time around I can try and shoot some video. One last thing guys & girls. Don't worry if you have big arms, small arms, lift alot or not! Do your best! Don't worry about what anyone else thinks. If you feel good about what you are getting accomplished in your personal journey, then that is all that matters. If you are struggling and not seeing results. Contact me and let's work on it together!

Shannon Houk - Independent Team Beachbody Coach
DFW Fit Club now has a You Tube Channel

No comments:

Post a Comment