Tuesday, January 11, 2011

P90X LIVE with Tony Horton

Monday, January 10th was Tony Horton's "Bring It" work out & Book signing. Absolutely AWESOME doesn't even describe the experience. To actually get to work out with the man who has lead me in the craziest of moves, made me laugh while fighting to make it through the exercise & has helped me lose 30 lbs. and drop my insulin intake per meal is beyond words. And he is just the same in real life as he is on the videos.

He has recently wrote a book titled "Bring It" which has excellent nutrition & exercise information. Still cracks the jokes and still BRINGING IT. This is a great book for a beginner just getting involved in a fitness journey or the pro athlete looking for pointers on improving. GET IT!!!!

The energy was in the air in Grapevine, TX. With over 300 coaches & guests waiting for the man who has changed their lives to run out on stage and cause them to sweat. We got to hear some amazing success stories on how Tony has helped people transform. From people who lost up to 120 lbs to 80 lbs. Everybody in the room had a story.

Met up with a couple of new friends working through their fitness journey using programs like P90X, Insanity and Power 90. Jason on the right has recently become my Coach/Business success partner as we help each other keep motivated and focused on being successful in helping others change the world and fight obesity. And make a few $$$ along the way. Dwayne (on the left) has been using Power 90, P90X & insanity to get fit and feel better about himself. Not a coach (YET). He and I plan on doing some work outs / fit club in the near future. BRING IT gentlemen! Great meeting both of you in person.
Tony runs out on stage waving a big Texas flag. I wish I had my camera out for some of the actual workout but I was too busy sweating. He led us through one big bad workout. 5 rounds of upper/lower/core workouts with 30 second breaks between each round. We did everything from downward/upward dog push ups , kenpo, banana crunches, Mary Catherine lunges and much more. Mason Twists until you couldn't do any more. This girl one lasting 3 minutes 52 seconds. WOW! (and wow upside down is.....MOM) LOL.
After the workout and 2 more bottles of water, we got to stand in line which was fine, for the book signing and PICTURES! Thanks Dwayne for taking this picture!! Look at him smile. I hope to have half of that mans energy when I am in my 50's. I was in pain at the time. Thanks Sandy for the recovery drink. I owe you one.
Tony, thank you so much for P90X, Power 90, 10 minute Trainer, P90X 1on1 and looking forward to P90X:MC2.
Shannon

2 comments:

  1. we are really jealous! I think sariah wants to get a pic of us with tony one day :) he was in long island earlier this month but that's out of the way for us. oh well someday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will one day! I missed him 3 times last year. I had a friend (Jason) that drove 2 hours to meet him at the event. Keep watch for him to come back after his trip to Japan visiting the troops. We will have Chalene Johnson (Turbo Jam, Turbo Fire) here on January 19th. I'm hoping Sean T (Insanity, Hip Hop Abs) comes down soon. Keep up the great work and stay warm. Hope it doesn't snow too bad up there.

    ReplyDelete